After the extreme drops in temperature, as well as the insane winds we were experiencing I decided that my shelter had to be more that just a simple lean-to. Keeping in mind the mechanisms of energy transfer (conduction, convection, radiation, evaporation) I made sure that my new shelter would keep out the wind, and I improved my bedding. Pine needles were prevalent in my area and after a few minutes of collecting my bed became much thicker. As for the roof, I salvaged a piece of plastic that was most likely left by an illegal alien and attached it to one end of my new tent style shelter, in order to block out most of the wind, and the occasional bigfoot.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 2, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.